The cards you see on this page were all created using multiple layers of embossing powders and pearl ex. They are really easy and fun to make!! What I love most about them is that even if you use the same colours and stamps; each time you do this technique you end up with a totally different effect!!
Try it yourself and see!
- Clear Embossing Powder or Dark Colour EP (you can use Utee if you have it)
- Embossing Heat Gun
- Non Stick Teflon Cooking Liner
- Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad – I used Graphite Black, Cosmic Copper, Galaxy Gold and Plantinun Planet
- Card Board Shapes – I cut mine using a Sizzix Die Cutter.
- Soft Paint Brush
- Pearl Ex Pigment Powders –
I used Russett (copper), Gold, Blue and Interference Violet
Rubber Stamps Used:
- Elephants – Magenta
- Tribal Masks – Magenta
- Kokopeli – PSX
- Poetic Prints – Hero Arts
How To Create:
- Take your card board piece and lay it on your non stick Teflon cooking sheet.
- Ink the card shape with the black inkpad, and sprinkle on clear or any dark colour of embossing powder
- Heat the embossing powder to melt, and working quickly before it cools add another layer of embossing powder over the top and heat set – repeat this step until you have approx 5-6 layers of normal embossing powder – if you are using utee you can use 3 layers.
- Next dip your soft brush into your pearl ex and quickly dust the pearl ex over the top of your embossed pieces.
- Ink up the rubber stamp you are going to use with any colour pigment inkpad (I like copper) and set to one side ready.
- Carefully re-heat your embossed card piece and wait for it to melt – the pigment powder will start to swirl and mix in with the embossing powder – the darker the embossing powder you use the more stark the contrast.
- Once the powder has re-heated, quickly press the rubber stamp onto the surface and leave it there. Do not rock or apply pressure. Count to 10 slowly; then remove the stamp from the embossing powder. Counting to 10 gives you enough time to allow the heated embossing powder to set on the design of the stamp.
- Your Embossed Pearl piece is ready for you to use on your cards! See examples on this page for ideas on how to layer them.
Experiment with this technique – I stamped on some larger pieces of card – they were so big I could actually fit 2 rubber stamps side by side on the hot embossing powder! You can embed rubber shelf liner into the hot embossing powder too and stamp on this! Try using pearl embossing powders and metallic pearl ex for another different effect!
Embossed Pearl Cards