These pocket cards are great for RAKS or for a small Christmas Gift as they feature a handy little pocket on the front of the card which is handy to slip inside a handmade bookmark, tag, magnet or even a shopping voucher from your recipients favourite stamp store!
The best thing about them is that you can stamp your pocket inserts to match the theme of the card too! They are very easy to make! Heres how!
General Supplies Used
- A4 Sheet Cream Card Stock
- Paper Trimmer
- Small Mini Paper Brads
- Memories Inkpad: Hunter Green
- Stazon Inkpad: Forest Green
- Memories Inkpad: Soft Wheat
- Lady With Script Background Stamp By Time To Stamp
- Post It Notes
- A4 Sheet Dark Green Card Stock
- Double Sided Tape
- Xyron With Magnetic and Laminate Cartridge
- Gold Krylon Pen
How To Create
The following directions are for the card you see on the right hand side.
1. Take the Lady with Script stamp, and stamp it onto post it notes and cut it out to create several masks for later.
2. Take your A4 sheet of Cream card stock and cut in half longways so you are left with a long strip of card.
3. Next fold the card stock from the right hand side, so that you create a front flap which covers a third of the front of the card stock on the righthand side. See opposite for example
4. Trim the rest of card so that it fits comfortably onto the front of an A6 single fold card blank.
5. Open folded piece away from the front body of the card, you want to stamp on the left hand side of the front section. I used Hunter Green by Memories, and the Time To Stamp Lady with Script Image. With the aid of post it notes ‘masks’ I created earlier, I repeat stamped the image all over the entire left hand section to create a collaged background.
6. Once the lefthand side was collaged, I then folded over the right hand flap, and repeated the previous step only this time I used Forest Green Stazon Inkpad.
7. Next using the Soft Wheat Inkpad by Memories, I gently pressed and applied the inkpad all over the left hand section of the card which I had stamped previously with Hunter Green to create a tinted background.
8. Next I edged the edge of the right hand card flap using the Forest Green Inkpad to create a darker edge.
9. I then secured the front righthand flap onto the main body of the card using 2 mini gold brads; one at the top and one at the bottom. Leaving the middle section open to allow me to slip something inside.
10. Cut and fold the A4 sheet of dark green card stock in half to create a single fold card blank and affix the front pocket stamped card to the front of it using double sided tape.